1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Home brew sous vide

Discussion in 'Knife & Gear Galleries' started by MotoMike, May 5, 2014.

1. Wine?

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

3. should try brandy next time.

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Sounds good. I'm on it.

5. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Rami you are right. that juice is awsome.

I did another brisket started two day ago. All told 48 hours in the sous vide. This time i seared it on the grill and put it off to the side on a smoky fire for about 15 mintues before it went into the water bath. After two days cooking, I took the juice and reduced it with a few oz zinfandel remaining in the bottle. I didn't have mushrooms and did not want to get too invested. the juice cooked down to a delicous beefy sauce with some viscosity that complemented the brisket greatly. Out of the water bath I dried, salted and peppered again the onto an inferno worthy grill for a couple minutes. I used a bbq sauce on it and set it off to the side to thicken up.

This was a great brisket. had a light smokey flavor, moist and tender. The wife was impressed and allowed that my mad scientist alterations to the crock pot might not be crazy after all.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
  6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

7. Next time I am trying some pork belly.