1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Toothpick, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

2. Toothpick

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

4. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

5. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all !!

6. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

7. Toothpick

8. Toothpick

9. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had our traditional pie:

Thanks2015.jpg

10. Toothpick

Ya know....my whole life Thanksgiving has been the same meal. Turkey, ham, stuffing, taters, corn, pies, etc. All the traditional Thanksgiving stuff. Same with Christmas dinner. Basically a repeat of Thanksgiving.

My whole life!!! I love it, don't get me wrong. I stuff myself all day till my eyes roll back in my head and I feel like I'm going to pass out or throw up. Maybe both.....

Next year...or heck, this Christmas.....I'm doing something else! Or rather...strongly suggesting the family do something else!

11. Toothpick, a friend of mine whose family is Italian does lasagna for Thanksgiving and it's glorious. :)

Our birds this year:

image.jpg

12. Toothpick

13. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

I try a few different methods for doing turkeys every year. We deliver a few meals on Friday and Saturday after to a few folks without family or home bound. Much and I had the same idea this year. Boned out 3 birds completely. Slapped breasts together after seasoning, and rolled the thigh legs into roulades. Rescued more than 1 Thanksgiving this year. image.jpeg

14. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Critter Doc, those are some BEAUTIFUL turkeys!

I'd eat a slice of that boneless roll, too. And I don't even really like turkey.

15. Thanks, Lucretia! Dry-brined for five days, then smoked. Carcasses are simmering on the stovetop, well on their way to becoming stock. Your pie looks delicious - I would totally do that if my family wouldn't have a collective case of the vapors. :)

Mrmnms, that's awesome. Do you use transglutaminase at all to "glue" the roulade together?

16. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Smoked is about the only way I really like turkey. Well done, sir!

17. That's "ma'am." ;)

18. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Don't know what you call those, Mike, but you could rescue my Thanksgiving any day.

19. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

mea culpa :oops:

Well done, ma'am!