1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

half a sheet of O1 left

Discussion in 'Harner Knives' started by butch, Mar 12, 2015.

1. butch

butch Founding Member

heres a chance to get inon a custom carbon blade. i have a balisong blade that needs HTed and im not runnning the kinl for one blade
    i want to in the next few days so i ll be cutting out stock knives but will have open spots for a few knives

you want a carbon steel knife and know what shape let me know as im not sure when im getting more O1 in

2. butch

butch Founding Member

not much left of the sheet i just heat treated a bunch of lefty parers and steak knives along with a few scalpels. if your going to the ECG and you want something out of the stack let me know and i l work on them first so they will be done by the event

3. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Looking forward to seeing more of your finished knives at the ECG next Sunday. Will you have any 'for sale' knives? I'm hoping to get a couple people there who are looking at jumping in to high-performace kitchen knives.

4. Butch, I am going to try to make it. Hopefully we can talk about the handle design for my next knife. I am thinking more like your chopper handles.

5. WildBoar

Doug, please PM me or Bill13 if you need the address for Sunday. Do your best to make it -- there should be a nice crowd and a lot of good food.

BTW, larrybird is driving down from Philadelphia and was asking on the other forum if anyone wants to hitch a ride.

6. Thanks. I already PM's Bill13. I'll be in Southern MD for a family obligation this weekend. Won't know till Saturday how the schedule will play out. -Doug

7. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Man, I wish I could make it....

8. butch

butch Founding Member

my stupid truck is crying (rad leak ) goingto the shop today to see whatthe fix is goingto be. worst case i ll drive the wifes car. at the least tho this is cutting in on my shop time

9. butch

butch Founding Member

good news is they shoudl have the truck fixed friday bad news is cost (i coudl do the job here but have no proper way to dump the old coolant )
    the good side is ihope to have quite a few knives ready in time

10. butch

butch Founding Member

with any luck i ll not only have a few knives but a hand full. if i dont mess up looks like i think 12 but when i get back they wil go to my retailers

11. WildBoar

That's great -- looking forward to seeing them!

12. butch

butch Founding Member

here is a teaser of what is gettig worked on today
    11188166_1576246285980382_3213520945153828838_n.jpg

13. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Drooling a little over that nakiri. The one sitting at the bottom of the pile on the right is neat too.

14. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Dang, you have been busy.

15. Are all of those made from O1? My relatives are still trying to snatch my stainless steak Harner…

16. butch

butch Founding Member

minikiri will be worked on next week
    O1 for all but 2 of the knives the singlebevel is B52 (52100 ESR) and the dammmy blade is HHH carbon steel blend

17. butch

butch Founding Member

still need ot clean up the blades and sharpen but i had to get out thte shop and relax a bit
    11208648_1576344852637192_715374567781758556_n.jpg

18. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Neat. Really like the handles on the nakiri and damascus knife

19. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Great looking group! Would love to be able to get my hands on one of those parers.

20. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Looking good, Butch! It's always nice to see you show off a it and do a few wa handles. ;)