1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Had to share this

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by chefcomesback, Oct 7, 2014.

1. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

thats awesome... I want that Chef to represent me if i ever get a divorce, if i should get married in the first place that is

4. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

I'm tempted to go to Kansas City and eat at Voltaire. It sounds like a great place to eat, as long as they keep out the riffraff like that lawyer.

5. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Off on a tangent -- how do you like that web site? First time I have seen it. Looks pretty and everything, but is there regular good content?

6. Toothpick

"Finding Lovers? how did I not notice this before? how does this article even relate to a website like that..oh..wait.. that's Fine Dining Lovers."

That was the conversation I just had with myself.

7. apathetic

apathetic Founding Member

That was very well handled, I will go eat there if I ever find myself in Kansas City

8. Can somebody enlighten me about Yelp? What's some frightening if some ****************** leaves a bad review for you restaurant? Is there something special about Yelp that makes it different from other similar services?
    I believe Foursquare is by far the most popular online service for restaurant review in Russia, yet I have to see any restaurant who would care about someone leaving a bad review…

9. I will be returning to Kansas City next month after working in Okinawa for the past 4 years, and I will make a point of eating at Voltaire!

10. Toothpick

I think Yelp is similar to Foursquare. Does Foursquare give you points or rewards for "checking in" at places? I can't remember.

Yelp is basically just a business review site. Kind of like Facebook for businesses.

11. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

yelp gives everybody a chance to be a food critic. Some people use the responsibility wisely, some don't. There are also shills on yelp. They offer bogus claims against restaurants on behalf of competitors or "enenmies", or over the top praise by allies, of mediocre food. You can usually read between the lines with multiple reviews.

12. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Well said Mike , but I doubt people read enough between those lines

13. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

I believe there was an error in that article. I have it on good authority that the diner's name was actually Sonal1.

14. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

Excellent. Voltaire is now bookmarked in Yelp! so it will pop up the next time I'm in KC looking for a place to eat.