1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Guess who found a new rabbit hole to fall in

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Rami, Mar 20, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now can anyone point me to good resources. I am too scared to go to b&b. :p

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Yeah, the best resource is Badger and Blade...oh, nevermind. Seriously, though, go there. I find it to be a very welcoming group of people, for the most part. Just like any forum, there's a pecking order that just happens, but the egos are much smaller there than you generally see in other places.

They fuelled my brush addiction, but my pocketbook cured that quickly. Well, that and my desire to make things. Haha

4. I know. I am a member there but its one of these things where the rabbit hole runs very deep.

5. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Yes... B&B is an awesome site .
    They have so much stored info just in the stickies, that is kind of a safe zone ...where you can really go at your own pace.
    And you will have to pace yourself...there's so much info, you can't read it all in just a few sessions...It's incredible really...

6. That's what I was afraid of, they had one look and told me it's no good. Will try to clean it up before giving up. May still be good.

7. Catrentshaving

Catrentshaving Founding Member

Hard to tell from the pic, but is there a small crack in the blade. If not then it may not be as bad as it looks. A fair bit of the edge may need to be removed to get it working again though.

8. Here it is at the moment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure if this is enough or I need to keep going. There is still some stubborn pitting. Not sure if cosmetic . Also how to take decent photo of the blade? The good news is that it doesn't appear to be cracked.

9. schanop

schanop Founding Member

Maxim is a good source for your JNat razor stones. I guess, japan-tool would be another. We're proud of you, Rami :cool1

10. Already have 2 jnats .

11. schanop

schanop Founding Member

2 JNats for razors? or for knives? They are different animals.

12. No idea. Help!

13. schanop

schanop Founding Member

Ha ha. For razor final polishing, you can have a lot of fun (read: will need) with hard and fine JNat and a set of nagura to match. That Hakka would just be one of the progression towards final polishing, if you would like to use it.

It is another rabbit hole besides the actual razor.

14. The other one is a Yaginoshima. I have no ide what grit range it is.