1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Great & Fun Weekend

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Mr.Magnus, Aug 17, 2014.

1. This weekend has been awsome, great relaxing time with friends.

Friday.
    Started at friend's house by jaming on guitars and record some music in his home studio.
    Later we decided to cook something new so we grabed what was growing in his garden (Tarragon). I have only used it for chicken and fish before. And we wanted to try it with beef cuz it felt like a fun challenge. So i made a sauce based on fresh tarragon,white wine,cognac,Veal broth,fresh garlic,onion,cream,butter & ground black pepper.
    We made this dish into a pasta dish with shredded Sirlion steak.
    Man did it turn out good. :)

[​IMG]

Later when sun started to go down we headed out to a Lagun to fish for some pike and drink beer on a bridge deck.
    I cought a smal pike that gave a ok fight (seen on the pic) Took off like a torpedo again when i throwed it back. One of my friend also watched one abit smaler. When it started to get darker we headed back and finished the beer drinking :)

[​IMG]

Saturday.

Alot like the friday, we made music, had some beer,rom,wine,drinks and so on :)
    Once again back to the Lagun when the sun was going down. This time i focus on catching some Perch.
    I got five and thruw back one smal. The other four a friend wanted to put in the pan with a light breading and lots of butter.

(don't mind friend's Global lol)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wish every weekend could be this relaxing and fun.​

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

That's a small pike? Looks like a good size to me!
    Great friends, Great fishing, Great beer.... That's the life!

3. Yeah well it's a good food pike on 6 punds but i dont eat them. i just think its fun to catch and realeas them since thay give a good fight. i cought pikes on 17-18 punds on light equitment witch is awsome fun.

4. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

i'm more of a catch and release guy myself. Never caught a pike though. But I've also never seen a small one. Big ole' fish!

5. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

Big game, light tackle, is about as fun as it gets for me. Sounds like you had a blast :cool1