1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening 2014

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Toothpick, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

I may have no choice but to go with sevin dust. It's rampant around here. We lost melons too. Every time we got a warm spell this winter , we had them sneaking through the vents into the house. The one I didn't reach nest in the eves and rafters. I had a friend go up in his attick, the entire wall was covered with those nasty things. Gave him chills. Going to try diatomaceous earth around the beds to see if it helps.

2. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

No personal experience, but I've heard pyrethrin works, and it's considered an "organic" pesticide. Spraying with soapy water is also supposed to help.

If I was your friend, I might just have to move--you'd wake up all night long feeling like things were crawling on you.

3. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member