1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Gallery of Stefan's knife handles

Discussion in 'Stefan's Japanese Knife Handles' started by apicius9, Mar 19, 2014.

1. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Hi everyone,

just wanted to start this thread as a place to collect a few pictures of knives that have my handles on them. If you have a knife picture (or the handle only and you want to show it), please feel free to post it here. I also hope that Dave will occasionally add a few, since he puts most of them on peoples' knives for me. I am also in the process of reorganizing my website, and if anybody posts pictures here, I may want to copy them for my website gallery; if that is not o.k., for you, please let me know.

Thanks,

Stefan

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

3. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

4. BathonUk

BathonUk Founding Member

Really?

5. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

This one will haunt me... Meant more as a funny variation, I never expected to see it on a Shigefusa gyuto... But I have seen worse combinations ;)

Stefan

6. Jim

7. Andre

Andre Founding Member

It gets better in fact.

8. cclin

cclin Founding Member

20140319_214433.jpg 20140319_133743_mh1395343015736.jpg

9. Twistington

Twistington Founding Member

Now don't be a jealous beaver Greg! :)

The hello-shiggy handle is probably the most awesome handle I have seen in a while.

10. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

11. Dave Martell

12. Burl Source

Burl Source Founding Member

Sometimes I look at a knife and try to picture what the owner would be like.
    This is how I visualize the hello kitty knife owner. Cute but tough.
    [​IMG]

13. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Hey Dave, yes I did. I know it has been a while, but your advice was very helpful in the process.

14. Dave Martell

I don't recall giving you any advice but I'm glad that it helped. The handles look great and the installation just as good. :)

15. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Mark, if the target audience of the Hello Kitty handle looks like this, I will make more and insist on personal pick-up :)

Taylor, nice work. I hadn't seen that Forgie before, looks great. I think I have one of those, too, somewhere... Will probably follow your example with refreshing it if I ever find the time...

Stefan

16. Dave Martell

Shigefusa nakiri with (something different from Stefan) a modified D-Shaped handle....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Dave Martell

18. Jim

That is fantastic, I do like that angled nip onthe butt, some knives it really works for. This is a goodun'

19. Dave Martell

P1010002.JPG P1010003.JPG P1010006.JPG P1010008.JPG

Just finished up on this one. It's the first Stefan handle installed in the new shop. :)

20. Gorgeous work Stefan!! Truly!