1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Gâteau de crêpes

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Critter Doc, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics. This is one of those desserts that always produces audible gasps from guests, but it's actually fairly simple and straightforward to construct.

Le premier, comme on dit, c'est pour le chien:

image.jpg

But they get better as you go:

image.jpg

Stack crêpes, starting with the sturdiest one on the bottom and finishing with the prettiest on top, with a thin layer of pastry cream (chocolate-hazelnut, in this case) between them and patching as needed with pieces of torn or ugly crêpes to keep things level:

image.jpg

Eye-level view:

image.jpg

And here's how it looks sliced. This one wound up being 26 layers high:

image.jpg

2. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

Having made crepes, that's a pretty good value for the time effort....maybe I've finally found a dessert I'll make!

3. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Wow...those look great.

We used to have a restaurant here called Le' Crepe, it was some of the yummiest food ever...

4. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Le chien mange trop bien!

5. Mais bien sûr, Lucretia!

zwiefel, it's one of those low effort/high reward things :) . Be sure to refrigerate it for at least a few hours before slicing it, and use skewers to hold things in place if you have to transport it.

6. schanop

schanop Founding Member

All right, I will have to try my hands on this, one day.

Looks too yummy and too easy to resist.

:pop

7. schanop, dooooooo it!!! :)