1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Free Range Grass Fed Bison Lasagna.

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by sachem allison, Aug 11, 2014.

1. sachem allison

sachem allison Founding Member

I made this the other day.I make lasagna about once every three years or so. I either make this one or a Wild Boar, Portabello and goat cheese lasagna. This time I made a Free range, grass fed bison lasagna. I made the noodles, the buffalo mozzarella and the buffalo ricotta. The ricotta was seasoned with fresh arugula, sea salt, black pepper, nutmeg and a bit of olive oil. The Bison was cooked with Hamemade pancetta, smoked paprika, red chili flakes , garlic, onions, black pepper, fresh oregano and thyme. I also added some heirloom tomatoes and homemade tomato paste. I browned it and then added a nice bottle of
    Brunello di Montalcino 2007 Tenute Silvio Nardi and some fresh cream. I brought it all to a simmer and cooked it down until the liquid was reduced by half. I began to build my layers and then finished with the homemade buffalo mozzarella and topped off with Grana Padano . I baked it in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour covered and then turned the oven up to 425 for 15 minutes uncovered to brown. Let sit for 45 minutes to and hour to set. Then slice. It will still be plenty hot. serve with a little tomato sauce and a salad if you want.
    lasagna1 (2).jpg lasagna2 (2).jpg lasagna3 (2).jpg lasagna4 (2).jpg lasagna5 (2).jpg lasagna6 (2).jpg lasagna7 (2).jpg lasagna8.jpg lasagna9.jpg lasagna10 (2).jpg lasagna11.jpg lasagna12.jpg lasagna13.jpg

2. Freakin yum! Why didn't you SEND ME A PIECE?!?!

3. sachem allison

I didn't even get a piece. I made this for me, not for the restaurant. Ended up selling two whole lasagnas in 30 minutes. They weighed 12 pounds each and we only got 16 pieces out of them. That's how dense they were. Those pieces were 3 1/2 inches high.lol But I sold them for $20 a piece. It cost me about $75 to make. These were not cheap .

4. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

5. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Great to see some of your work Son!

6. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

You're killing me.

7. Son, it's great to make something for yourself once in awhile.

Are you working this Sunday? I'll be in town with the family for dinner.

8. sachem allison

Yes I will be In all day. Come on by.

9. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

when you make another lasagna in 3 years please make the wild boar version and send me a piece. It is quite wrong for you to post about this bison lasagna just to say afterwards it is already all gone. Bad Son, bad!

10. MrMike

MrMike Founding Member

Looks just killer Son, and they washed it down with a boiga and fries. Nice!

11. Son - I saw this and commented on the other Forum - but I was reading it again here my daughter was looking over my shoulder....looks like we're having Lasagna this week!

12. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Looks great Son. Makes me want to drive the 1300 miles to get me some:cool1

13. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

That looks AMAZING! I don't usually like lasagne, and I was actually drooling looking at the photos.