1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Free Knife Sharpening-Need feedback on edges

Discussion in 'Giveaways/Pay It Forward/Win a Knife' started by John Fout, Feb 19, 2014.

1. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

I have a couple restaurant accounts that I'm doing their house knives for (even some steak knives.... ... ...) for some local high end restaurants. I wouldn't mind picking up some mail order sharpening.

I'm offering 10 free knife sharpenings to the first people to PM me to ten knives. Limit three knives per person please.

It is freehand sharpening on Shapton stones. I only ask for you to cover the cost of shipping it back to you through Paypal and give me feedback on the how the edge performs when you get it back. I put a very servicable edge on my line knives but my opinion doesn't matter to other clients if they are unhappy with the product.

German knives I take to 1-4k and strop. J-knives I take to 8k and strop or a JNAT finisher and strop.

I do single and double bevels.

Please no large chips, tip repair or serrated knives at this time.

2. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

What a wonderful offer. Thanks!

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

4. John Fout

Trying to make my services top-notch. I've got two knives inbound, still room for more.

I've got a decent turn around time at the moment. I'm only at the restaurant for 50 hours a week until around Mother's Day then I'll settle in around 40 hours a week through the summer. Lots of time for projects.

5. Argonaut

Argonaut People call me French sounding words Founding Member

It's a great offer, I appreciate it.

6. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

Very generous offer. Sadly, I don't have anything but crappy knives. If I ever get something with a good steel, and the offer is still available, I would love to try one of your edges.

7. John Fout

They don't need to be high quality steel. If it needs sharpened, it needs sharpened. :) There are some hidden gems out there that someone thought or thinks is a crappy knife when all it could need is a different angled bevel or thinned out a bit.

8. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

I have a santuku somewhere that may tide me by till mybother knife shows up, wonder if I can track it down

9. John Fout

I would ask how can one lose a knife but it isn't as hard as one thinks!

10. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Do you need me to send you a knife to use until your's shows up? I think I have one or two extras somewhere.

11. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

The problem isnt losing a knife, its unexpectedly finding one that can cause a problem

Off the cuff i was going to say no as Id hate to put you out, but it would help expand my knowledge base and some experience, if your game I wouldnt mind trying something new,.. which at this point is any knife really

12. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Alright, shoot me a pm with your address.

13. John Fout

Were you asking for mine or James? :)

14. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Ha, missed this, was for james, but now that I have your address I do have some things needing some work:)

15. John Fout

Win win then

16. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

Ha ok I have a shun that needs a second bevel. It's a classic 8 inch but sorta re-profiled. Feel like a challenge ?

17. Obiwan

Obiwan Founding Member

Greta offer!

18. John Fout

Thanks, I'll be taking this offer to some other forums in a couple of weeks.