1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Forgecraft Reinvented.

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by MattS, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Haven't gotten mine yet, no shipping info either. Week to the day for me too apparently looking at the calendar

2. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

Just got notification of shipment. Shipped on Saturday. I guess I'm just impatient.

Now the waiting begins.

3. MattS

MattS Founding Member

They are based in Canada so it takes a bit longer for us south of the border

4. I just got an email too. I wonder if it's a coincidence or if they noticed our posts.

5. Rick

Could be, at least as far as updating our order information, but it also might just be that they have full time jobs that take precedence.

6. @Jaethan Hell yeah, I can't wait. I love my pair of original 10" forgies. I brought this up in another forum, I love what you're doing.

7. Hadn't known about these and they're sold out. Damn.

8. Rick

Mine was just delivered - #16, though I can't see that it's engraved anywhere on the blade.

Quick comparison with a 270 Gesshin Kagekiyo in ginsanko:

IMG_6401 (1).jpg

Hope everyone else gets theirs soon!

9. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

It looks great to me Rick. Will that pointier tip make tip work easier?

10. Rick

I'll let you know. So far, all I've done is cut up an apple, an orange and some strawberries. OOTB edge was pretty good.

11. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

12. Rick

Huw Jones posted a pic on another forum showing how close the new profile is to the old one. Vintage is blue; new is red.

Forgcraft Old and New.jpg

13. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Pretty darn close

14. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Except the choil area the vintage probably started the same.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

15. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Just had a sharpening session with mine. Have to say I still really like this knife. What are the impressions of the others that ended up landing these?