1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

For the bakers amongst us!

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by PierreRodrigue, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Obviously as defective breads they need to be disposed of. I would be happy to help. :cool1

2. Jim

Love this style of shortbread bear.

3. PierreRodrigue

PierreRodrigue Tactical Walrus Founding Member

Me too Jim, been playing around with some old recipes, from the '20's and '30's, you know, when you were in college... Some are very good, others are bland. These had great flavor, but were not as crumbly as I had hoped.

4. PierreRodrigue

Here ya go Jim, you asked in another thread, if you want the yeast one, let me know.

CINNAMON ROLLS (Pastry)

3 cups of AP flour
    1/2 cup sugar
    5 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    3/4 cup of butter or margarine
    1+ cup milk
    1 egg
    Filling
    1 cup brown sugar(give or take)
    1 tbsp cinnamon (give or take)
    1/2 cup softened butter/margarine

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, blend with fork or spoon. Cut in margarine/butter to resemble coarse oatmeal. Beat one egg slightly and mix with milk. Stir into dry ingredients. If there is still a lot of dry mix not getting incorporated, add a little extra milk to bring it together. Lightly gather dough into a ball, being careful not to over handle. Place dough on a lightly flowered surface and knead/fold 6 to 8 times. Roll dough to desired thickness (say 1/4")

Evenly spread softened butter over entire surface, cover with brown sugar. Depending on the final size you rolled the dough to, you may need more or less. Sprinkle with cinnamon (I don't measure this, and just add what looks good for my taste right from the container) Starting from the long side, roll towards you. Cut into desired size (Mine were about 1 1/4") Place each in a paper lined muffin cup, or in a greased pan/dish, and bake at 350 F (180 C) for 25 to 30 mins. I did 28 mins, works good at this elevation.

5. PierreRodrigue

image.jpg
    Made these yesterday day, to have as desert after a roast beef, Yorkshire, mashed potatoe dinner.

6. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

7. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

those look like coffee dunken goodness right ch'ere

8. PierreRodrigue

Filling is cream cheese, chocolate, hazelnuts, shell is puff pastry, with hazelnut/chocolate topping.

9. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

10. James

next vacation and. i take, i wanna come to your place...i may have said that before already though

11. PierreRodrigue

Sure thing, I'll teach you to grind, you can make yourself a knife.

12. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Now I have to find a rag to wipe the drool off my keyboard. Those look AMAZING!

13. Jim

Thanks Bear, that always looked so good!

See this thread- http://www.kitchenknifefora.com/threads/we-have-a-man-down.89/

14. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

He would need more than just quick clot if he loses a digit on the grinder...

15. James

cool ill bring my oven mitts

16. I'm in envious awe! In my family I'm known as Betty Halfcrock. I can not even make a boxed cake come out right lol

17. PierreRodrigue

Tonight's addition, Honey Multigrain
    image.jpg

18. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

2014-04-05 12.41.26.jpg 2014-04-05 13.10.58.jpg My daughters birthday and she loves cheesecake, raspberries, and chocolate. So she gets a white chocolate cheese cake with raspberry and to include a little more choc. encased in ganache.

19. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

One loving popa!

20. bieniek

bieniek Founding Member