1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale - Martell 160mm Wa (custom) Petty

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

The handle of this knife is made from dyed bird's eye maple (scored from Der Handlemeister Keller many years ago) as well as some figured amboyna burl for the ferrule.

I was thinking (maybe dreaming?) about spring/summer when I decided to make this knife. I could just picture someone cutting up some fresh fruit with the stainless blade while admiring the movement of the bird's eye maple in the glistening sunshine. [​IMG] LOL

Stats

Model - Petty

Blade Length - 160mm

Steel - CPM-154 (PM steel)

Hardness - Rc 61-62 (with cryo)

Height (at heel) - 33mm

Handle - Wa (octagonal)

Handle Dimensions - 15x20mm & 18/25mm

Handle Materials - Dyed bird's eye maple with an amboyna burl ferrule

Price - $375

Shipping - Included in USA only / International - will split cost with buyer

Please contact through PM or email if interested in purchasing. [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Dave

P1010005.JPG P1010010.JPG P1010012.JPG P1010017.JPG P1010018.JPG P1010020.JPG P1010021.JPG P1010024.JPG P1010003.JPG P1010007.JPG

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. Dave Martell

4. Dave Martell