1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale - Carbon Martell Sujihiki

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Stats

Model - Sujihiki

Blade Length - 300mm

Steel - O1 (carbon tool steel)

Hardness - Rc 60-61 (with cryo)

Height (at heel) - 44-45mm (ish)

Handle Style - Wa Octagonal

The handle is a straight grained AZ Ironwood (lots of gold metallic flash) paired with streaked blond buffalo horn, a copper & G10 spacers. This one will look rich and will turn, over time, to a patina'd appearance along with the blade. [​IMG]

*Note -This knife is not finished but it is 20% of the way there. If you're interested, and wish to buy it now, I'll discount the price by $90.

If you'd prefer to wait and see what she looks like before purchasing that's OK fine by me too, just shoot me a PM and I'll put your name down for first refusal, and so on. Just please understand that should someone else wish to purchase the knife in the meantime (before it's finished) I will sell it without consulting you. I'm trying to be as fair as possible, hope you can understand.

Price - $790

Buy It Now Price - $700

(shipping included to USA / International will pay all costs over $25)

If you're interested in purchasing this knife please contact via PM or email along with your Paypal email address (for the invoice). If international, please specify country.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

2. Dave Martell

Listing Correction:

The handle is a straight grained AZ Ironwood (lots of gold metallic flash) paired with streaked blond buffalo horn, a copper & G10 spacers

Price reduction as a result:

Price - $790 $750

Buy It Now Price - $700 $660

3. Dave Martell

I want to make it clear that when this knife is complete the "buy it now" price will disappear.

Dave

4. Dave Martell

Here's the completed handle for this knife. It's straight grained AZ Ironwood with streaked blond buffalo horn.

I have a new oil/varnish sealant that I'm mixing for oily woods that I used on this handle and I suspect that it should weather better than usual.

The handle shows a nice sheen in person that wasn't picked up by the camera on this overcast day.

P1010001.JPG P1010004.JPG P1010005.JPG P1010006.JPG P1010007.JPG

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  5. Dave Martell

*Note - This knife is still not finished but it is 40% of the way there. If you're interested, and wish to buy it now, I'll discount the price by $90. [​IMG]