1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale - 52100 Wa Sujihiki w/Acid Bomb Patina

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

300mm Wa Sujihiki in 52100 - Professional

[​IMG]

Just in time for Thanksgiving turkey carving duty..this knife will make you look like a PRO!

• Model - Sujihiki
      • Blade Length - 300mm
      • Steel - 52100 (high carbon ball bearing steel)
      • Blade Finish - "Vintage Acid Bomb" Patina
      • Hardness - Rc 62-63 (with cryo)
      • Height (at heel) - 45mm
      • Weight - 7.6oz (215g)
      • Handle Style - Wa Octagonal (tapered) with rounded butt
      • Handle Materials - Maple Burl with double marbled buffalo horn & G10 spacers

The blade is made from cryo treated 52100 (high carbon ball bearing steel) hardened to Rc62-63, it's tough yet easy to sharpen.

The blade's surface has been treated to what I'm calling a "vintage acid bomb" patina, a multi-level combination of acids/mustard applied in stages. This was done for aesthetics as well as for a reduction in (negative) oxidation and reactivity. The result is a unique one of a kind look that has some worthwhile function to it.

The wa octagonal handle is made from a lively dyed maple burl paired with really nice marbled buffalo horn on both ends. The butt cap is rounded. The color of the maple burl was listed as "teal" when purchased, it leans towards green vs blue. The G10 spacers are black and orange in color.

The handle has been sealed with several coats of a varnish/oil finish.

*Please see close up pictures for details.

Shipping FREE for USA

International Shipping will be charged $35 flat fee - A Paypal invoice will be sent after checkout

If interested in purchasing you can either checkout HERE or send me a PM with your email address and (if international) your location, I'll follow by sending you a Paypal invoice.

Thanks,
    Dave

P1010001.JPG P1010006.JPG P1010012.JPG P1010016.JPG P1010019.JPG P1010022.JPG P1010027.JPG P1010030.JPG P1010032.JPG

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  2. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Dude!!! :cool::D

3. Dave Martell

4. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

5. Dave Martell

Thanks Jim.

Yes I did a rounder spine vs the k-tip thing I normally do, just messing about is all.

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

7. Dave Martell

8. Dave Martell

9. Dave Martell

10. Dave Martell