1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale - 270mm Gyuto w/Pre Made wa handle!

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Stats

Length - 270mmHeight (at heel) - 58mm

Steel - CPM-154 (Crucible Particle Metallurgy aka stainless powdered steel)

Hardness - Rc61-62

Handle Style - Wa Octagonal

Handle Materials - Ebony with blond streaked buffalo horn ferrule & metal spacer

Handle Source - Knives and Stones

This is the first knife to have installed a pre-made wa handle supplied by James of Knives and Stones. Using one of these pre-made handles allows me to make a knife quicker which is a huge savings in labor to which I am passing along to my customers in the way of a reduced price. I hope that this is the first of many! [​IMG]

Price - $450 (shipping included to USA / International will pay all costs over $25)
    *Note - Normal pricing for this knife with a custom handle would be $600!

If you're interested in purchasing this knife please contact via PM or email along with your Paypal email address (for the invoice). If international, please specify country.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

P1010054.JPG P1010057.JPG P1010063.JPG P1010065.JPG P1010067.JPG P1010073.JPG P1010076.JPG P1010077.JPG
    P1010061.JPG

2. Nice looking knife, Dave! Interesting to see a pre-made handle on one of yours, seems like a good idea to offer a lower cost option but keeping the quality up there:)

3. Dave Martell

I've been racking my brain for a long time trying to figure out a way to make my knives faster and also less expensive but I've never been keen on dropping the quality level so it's not been something that I have been able to figure out. However, I recently decided that maybe I'd go with pre-made Japanese handles if I could find some nice enough but then James from Knives and Stones stepped in with his handle offer and it all of a sudden became a reality to give quality with a cheaper price point - WIN-WIN! :)

4. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

5. Dave Martell

6. pkjames

pkjames Founding Member

Thanks Jim :D

7. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

That one is pretty. Great job guys.

8. Dave Martell

9. Very nice, Dave! Great combo of knife & handle.

10. Dave Martell

11. Pretty much a perfect combo. And a good price as well. :like

12. Dave Martell

13. Dave Martell

14. pleue

pleue Founding Member

Congrats, a beauty and should sell for sure at this price. I'd be a customer in a couple months for a similar 270

15. Dave Martell

I'll be here when you're ready! :)

16. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Looks like the two of them (handle/blade) were made for each other. Well done to both of you.

Killer price too.

17. Dave Martell

Thanks for your thoughts Matt, I had hoped that others would feel the same.

18. Dave Martell

19. Dave Martell