1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

First Time Seasoning A Cast Iron Pan

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by James, Sep 1, 2015.

1. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

You appeal to my sensibilities sir...well-played.

2. I've never worried too much about the particular oil, since a natural seasoning built over time will be a combination of all different types of oils and fats anyways - bacon, butter, bacon AND butter, whatever you happen to be cooking. For my most recent deBuyer I followed the Vollrath process using peanut oil, and while the end result wasn't quite as sexy as his (especially around the sides), the pan was ready to rock.

3. Has anybody got a link to the Vollrath method? I thought I'd watched a vid, but I cannot find it anymore.

4. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

I skipped doing it that way, I just cooked to over easy eggs to perfection (after a couple slices of bacon) no stick whatsoever, the seasoning in my pan is coming along amazingly

IMG_20150913_113425.jpg
    IMG_20150913_115553.jpg