1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

First meal when you get back

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by James, Aug 25, 2015.

1. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

If you were trapped on an island like that Tom Hanks guy for years... only having crab and seaweed to eat food years, what is that one meal or restaurant you run to the second you get back... I know some of you would run for McDonalds lol, bit you don't have to admit it

2. Tough to pick one thing! I am thinking of a big juicy burger with bacon, cheese and all the trimmings:bacon from a proper burger joint of course!
    either that or a rib eye from my favourite place in central London:cool1

3. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

I could just start going in any random direction and come up with something that would satisfy me. But if i was pinned down to one place, would probably hit the all you can eat BBQ joint downtown, or BBQ in whatever town I'm in at the time.

4. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

5. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Head to Eastern Shore for some crab cakes?

:D

6. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

I think it would either be spaghetti or sushi. Hard to say for sure.

7. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

When I got back to civilization after a week long Navy survival school, the first thing I had was a New York style pizza. That would likely be my choice on returning from a desert island.

8. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

I'm thinking since I would be eating a lot of seafood on the desert island, I'd be in the mood for a nice medium rare rib eye, robuchon potatoes, some sauteed mushrooms, and a demi-glace almost drowning everything on the plate. Next would be a cheese plate with fruit, and then chocolate in some dessert form. I would most likely be waddling out the door, or maybe they would just roll me to the cab.

9. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

Crab and seaweed for me.

10. James

fish tacos Maybe ?

11. Toothpick

I had some amazing fish tacos from Twin Peaks on Monday.
    Not quite up there with Hooters buffalo shrimp. But...perhaps In the top 5 first meals back

12. James

Is hooters cause after the island you want the food, or because of those really comfy seats they are known for ?

13. Toothpick

14. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

shrimp creole ! with an old school prudhomme boil @! only thing missing is some castiron corn bread. :)

15. neopolitan style pizza

16. Dream Burls

Dream Burls Founding Member

Well done Nathan's franks with potato salad. I know, but I'm from the Bronx.

17. Chocolate. Although I'd probably die if I had to spend several years on an island without chocolate and coffee.

18. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Chicago deep dish pizza.

19. James

a big thanksgiving dinner for me... Turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and a slice of pie with a while lotta whipped cream