1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

First attempt at some macro shots(pic heavy)

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by WarrenB, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Really enjoying thus Warren. What are you young for a light source on the peppercorns?

2. I just used the budget macro ring flash that is on the front of the lens all the time
    gitzo3.jpg

The lighting could have been done better but I just wanted to fire off a few quick shots with the new camera:D

3. Very nice, I'm a Canon shooter myself :p but I have to say the Gitzo legs are sure nice :) I have a heavy duty set G-1325 MkII that holds down all my kits, 400mm to the Linhof 4x5 :)

4. You said the 'C' word!!:D I would happily shoot with either(and some other brands) as they both make great kit(and some bad stuff sometimes!) I started off with a Nikon and for my photography I didn't see a need to go elsewhere, I guess when you get to a more pro level decisions are more important?
    I bought the Gitzo used in great condition and it's getting on a bit but it's easily the best tripod I have had, a little heavy but solid.
    Your Gitzo is carbon I believe? very nice:)

5. Personally I see the choice of maker more about how one shoots, what their needs are, canon fills what I shoot and couldn't be happier. I'd only change if I needed better low light imagery, as canon takes the back seat on higher ISO shots...

Yup CF and heavy but so solid :)

6. Those are AMAZING Warren!!

I took a picture with my cell phone a while back...wish you'd been here to take it instead lol:

[​IMG]

We'd been out scorpion hunting with black lights, and the sunflowers looked incredible...maybe you can recreate it if you have them there. I think it would turn out incredibly with your setup!

7. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member