1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Ferrule matherials

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Anton, May 10, 2015.

1. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

Try some G10 ,Gameco here in Oz may have some in stock.
    If you PM your address i will send you a piece to play with

2. Jantz has black & also ivory paper micarta in blocks, ordered some from them for a job only a coupla weeks ago.

3. I have used stabilised Ancianr Redgum a fair bit lately and like it a lot. Some other Australian timbers can even make do without the stabilisation and still take a good polish. Think Ringed Gidgee... Another thing I have seen used and am in the process of using is Reindeer antler (stabilised). Looks great and polished up well!

4. ive used, micarta(linen), mammoth molar, various acrylic resin casts, carbon fiber, solid copper, buffalo bone, wood, dinosaur bone, sythetic and genuine rocks, stabilized corals, and fossils in a stone matrix.