1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Touch Up Stone

Discussion in 'Sharpening forum' started by TheDevilSendsCooks, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Howdy yall,

I've been enjoying my takenoko as a splash n go, quick touch up stone to essentially function like a hone would for Western knives . Anybody else have a particular favorite for this purpose? I think I want to try something new, as it can only effectively touch up a knife for a short period of time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Have you tried the Shapton Pro 2k?

In my opinion this is the do it all stone. It can be a final stone, if you desire a less refined edge, but also a great in between for a progression.

Removes a decent amount of metal and have a good feel. Splash and go is helpful.

3. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

4. I use a Kitayama 8K

5. MattS

MattS Founding Member

6. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

7. butch

butch Founding Member

DMT 1200 grit (but im a 2 bit hack ) if i had a 4k that i didnt have to soak that woudl likly be my go to

8. i love my tsushima .

9. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

I like my Chocera 3k for touch ups.