1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

favorite hot sauce

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Mrmnms, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

It's been a while, but when we had a boat load of peppers, we fermented like sauerkraut, puréed , stained and then added vinegar to bottle. There are cooked versions that maybe have better shelf life if that's an issue. Happy to share if you want .

2. Andre

Andre Founding Member

I love making hot sauce. There is an entire shelf I the walk in at work labeled "2014 hot sauce collection". We buy tons of chilies in season, ferment them to different levels, then store them so we have chili flavors to add to things year round. I used about three cups of a criolla sela/shishito hot sauce to make a glaze for short ribs today.

3. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

+1:pop

4. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

We use Frank's. Really like Crystal, but it gives us both insomnia.

My granny used to make her own pepper sauce. I remember peppers packed into a glass bottle with vinegar on them. She grew her own peppers, and there was usually a scotch bonnet tucked in there among the other peppers. She liked it on collard greens and black eyed peas.

5. Tabasco Chipotle is my go to.