1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

EDC Flashlight

Discussion in 'EDC - What is in your pocket?' started by James, Apr 17, 2014.

1. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

I have one of the Quark 123 minis and really like it. Was hesitating because of the unusual and expensive battery format, but they keep forever. Also have 2 smaller Fenix ones that are nice, forgot the model number.

Stefan

2. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Stefan, do you keep them on a keychain, if so how do you like it there ?

3. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

I don't right now, but thanks for reminding me, wanted to add that for some time. My key set is pretty large, so adding the small Quark does not make that much of a difference, although there may be some pants/jeans where it will be tight... I don't like the keys jingling outside, so I will have to see how it works. Things were so much easier in the 70s when we were cool wearing Italian man-purses;)

Stefan

4. James

If indiana jones could wear a satchel i say have at it,... if anyone bugs you about it, just tell them you carry the whip as well

5. Anything like this LD01? 1 AAA battery and 3 settings from 3, 26 and 72 Lumens, brilliant little thing that runs for ages when used with rechargeable batteries
    [​IMG]

6. Boris

Boris Founding Member

I was looking for an EDC flashlight and ended up with this one as well, didn't get rechargeable batteries though, just got 6 spare batteries. o yea, don't look directly at the light when its on strobe...i completely accidentally blinded myself lol

7. James

with the rechargeables it's way brighter and the strobe hurts more lol

8. Boris

Boris Founding Member

im glad i dont have rechargeables then!

9. James

I uave three small lights now 2014 D25A Ti, 2015 D25C, and Sunwayman V11R mirage that has the AA extender. I'm going to do a round up post for them amazingly powerful little lights

10. Boris

Boris Founding Member

really looking forward to it.

11. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

i bought this little light at home depot the other day for five bucks that has a strobe and high and low settings. i thought it was cool...... until i read more into this thread. now i have to have one of these that use the cr123 batteries!

12. James

i dont know, my D25a is a cool little light which is running on 14500 rechargeables or AA's and has the same high output... but no where near the lows of the V11r or D25c. the v11r if the extender is bought as well can run cr123 16340's, AA and 14500's ot has higher highs and lower lows but is also bigger then the rest... i was planning on doing the shoot out write up tonight for what its worth

13. James

this is the D25A They ran out of the regular ones so i ended up with the limited edition Ti (titanium) edition at no extra charge

IMG_20140613_132129.jpg

14. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

that is sweet james!

15. James

just remembered LA vs. NY tonight... lol the round up may suffer a time frame issue tonight

16. James

you should see the custom ones from the guys who anodize these things

17. Boris

Boris Founding Member

this sounds like something i might have to look into....

18. James

theres a couple ways to do it... with a torch, which you can not do to the head, and leaves a marbled effect. the other way is with a high DC voltage and a solution, dunk the whole flashlight and depending on the current you put in, you will get different colours out, that can be a solid colour