1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

EDC Acquisitions

Discussion in 'EDC - What is in your pocket?' started by James, Apr 17, 2014.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Daughter's boyfriend just graduated from a police academy. got him a cop knife. It's a beast, seat belt cutter and window breaker included. crkt.jpg crkt1.jpg

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

3. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

this is a serious little flashlight.. will be in my pocket for the next bunch of years... or till something i find cooler comes out.

think its time to start doing some edc reviews around here

IMG_20140512_184026.jpg

4. brainsausage

brainsausage Founding Member

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but they ain't EDC's if you don't carry em;)

5. James

6. brainsausage

brainsausage Founding Member

I'm loving my Benchmade 556. Edge retention just ok, but it's sturdy as a MF'er. Took awhile to get used to the tip up carry, but makes waaaaaaaay more sense. No flipping around to release the blade. Not sure why every other flipper I've owned for the last 20 years was tip down...?

7. Andrew

Andrew Have Pen Will Travel Founding Member

Lovely knife, Jim!

8. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

9. So what can I carry in Australia where knives are pretty much illegal. I work a desk job but wouldn't mind something nice?

10. James

as far as i know unless you have a valid reason to be carrying it (a specific purpose not just in case you need it) your not allowes to have a knife on you at all there is a list of acceptable reasons to have it by the gov.. such as camping, direct work needs and the such

11. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Just picked up a Kershaw Leek. The thumb tab fell out on my Vapor III and I don't like my back ups. The high end knife will have to wait a bit..

And of course I take it out of the packaging and promptly drop it on asphalt and mar the finish on the scales. I know it will look worn quick enough so I started it off right I guess.

12. So no knife. :)

13. James

i did a quick Google but that seems to be the just of what i read yeah.

14. Stereo.Pete

Stereo.Pete Founding Member

Scored a pretty sweet deal on these ZT's so I figured I would take the plunge. I really don't have much experience with nice folding knives but in general the grinds seem pretty solid and the fit and finish are legit. Hindsight being 20x20 now I need to figure out how to sharpen a recurve lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. John Fout

That concave blade bevel on the bottom one is fun to sharpen if you only have large stones...

16. James

i was looking into that very knife till the thought of sharpening it occured to me lol

17. John Fout

My inexpensive vapor III has a large concave curve to it. The front part of the blade almost has the belly taken out of it so the blade looks a little more flat ;) Its a beater knife that cost $15. I'm not too worried about it. The ZT's on the other hand I wouldn't to that to if I had them. Granted I'm not sure I would buy one with the curve. Tell us how she goes! :D

18. Picked this up today.

[​IMG]

19. Stereo.Pete

Stereo.Pete Founding Member

The mail lady brought this today! Hinderer XM-18 3.5" and please forgive the horrible iPotato photograph.[​IMG]

20. Hey Pete, I can get a Hinderer for $385 brand new and right away. Is it worth it?