1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Doug Seward's passing

Discussion in 'Harner Knives' started by butch, Oct 29, 2019.

1. butch

butch Founding Member

this hits me rather hard so im posting it here not in off topic. I now some of you guys only know him from the ECG but he passed last friday. He was going in for a small blood clot in his leg wensday but then found out he had leukemia and it was much farther along then anyone including himself knew. he passed that friday night

here are the details for the memorial service for Doug Seward.

The service will be this Saturday November 2nd.

There will be a gathering from 10AM-12PM with a service to follow. The gathering and service will be held at:

Boyd Horrox Givinish
    200 W. Germantown Pike
    Norristown, PA 19401

Doug's obituary will be posted online tomorrow.

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Thank you for letting us know Butch.
    Heartfelt condolences to you and Dougs family.

3. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Oh no, that is very sad. Doug was one of the nicest and most generous people I have known. We will miss him tremendously. Luca is the biggest fan of his BBQ sauce, and is currently working through a quart Doug sent down for him a couple months ago. I'm really sad now that I did not make it over to his house the last time I was in that area of PA to see my sister.

Leah, Luca and I send our condolences. He will be missed.

4. butch

butch Founding Member

i didnt get to smoketober fest also but i did get to see him at sam's wedding (he was the caterer shocker) 3 weeks ago. this was a fast mover and took a man early that was a amazing individual

5. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

I'm sorry I was never able to meet the man. There are too many good people lost way too early. The fact he was able to touch so many, shows he was able to live a meaningful life. Always keep him close in your thoughts. My condolences.

6. larrybard

larrybard Founding Member

Makes me enormously sad. Saw him last about 3 weeks ago. Such a warm, generous, personable individual. Will really miss him.

7. Really sorry to hear. His candied bacon was always the highlight of Wildboar’s ECG. I’ll miss our discussions on competition BBQ. Sorry for your loss Butch, i know you guys were close. Doug loved your camp knife that’s for sure. say la vie friend. Remember people die not the memories we have of them. All I remember is Dougs warm smile and friendly laugh.

8. butch

butch Founding Member

the only passings that hurt are the ones that i know i didnt get to live. i have a strange point of veiw i know. i never thought i woudln make it past 30 i have had a friend take his own life (he lived more life then most 2x his age) if you life each day like you dont get it back and so do your friends as you said the person might go away but what they did never will