1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Diamond stone set

Discussion in 'Japanese Knife Imports' started by JBroida, Jan 17, 2015.

1. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

A little while ago, on another forum, we did a group buy of these. It was very successful, and we recently did another. As we were not able to get enough for everyone on the first run, i ordered some extra once again. They just arrived yesterday. I was wondering if there was any interest on here for them. I cant find all of the past threads, but here was the main one from me:
    http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ial-Run-Signup

You can also see the thread for the latest one here:
    http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/20177-Diamond-stone-set-again

The set includes a 1000 grit diamond stone, 6000 grit diamond stone, 2 nagura (one for each stone... they are the same though), and a stone holder. The cost for the set is $300, including domestic shipping via USPS Priority (international shipping is possible, and will be billed at cost).

Here are some videos of the stones in action (you can also see the included stone holder in the videos):

Right now, we have 7 left from the 10 that came in. Its on a first come, first serve basis at this point.

Let me know if you guys have any questions in the meantime.

Thanks.

-Jon

2. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Count me in for a set Jon. How do you want to get paid?

3. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

4. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

5. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

6. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

7. I just got a set in the last group buy. They are very impressive and truly splash and go. Love the edge from the 6k. Highly worth it in my opinion.

8. I second the recommendation. I stopped using my gesshin set when I received these.

9. Mrmnms

Just used them for the first time. Certainly doesn't feel like diamond. Felt great. Kind of messed up my arm hair checking them out. Thanks for getting them out so quickly Jon. You two are terrific .

10. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

glad you're liking them... very different from other diamond stones, right?

11. Mrmnms

No comparison to DMT's or Atomas. These are civilized .

12. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

13. Would love to hear other experiences with these 2 stones after some time with them. For me, they have changed my maintenance routine....more frequent, less time.

14. daveb

daveb Founding Member

Concur. When weighed together, the time savings, effectiveness, and expected life, they may be the cheapest stones I own. Really like their portability as well as their more obvious benefits.

User feedback is not as nice as most ceramic or Jnats so the Suji(s) and Yanagiba still get the full treatment.

15. Dave -

I agree 100% re: the slicers and single bevels. For me, those are used less frequently....so when they need work, I still prefer to use my older, full set up.

16. Chuckles

Chuckles Founding Member

Really like them. Clean and easy. If you don't spend much time on the 6k after burr removal the edge is nice.

I still go to naturals for nice carbon steel knives but for fancy modern stainless these stones have been a real game changer.

17. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

really glad everyone is enjoying them... maybe i should just add the set to the website afterall

18. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

Jon, they've been a game changer for me. Over a year's use and I can't see any dishing.

19. skiajl6297

skiajl6297 Founding Member

Just curious if any of you owners have tried straight razor bevel setting on the 1k here. I am strongly considering this set for my knives alone, but wondered about possible extra utility with straights. Please chime in if so! Thanks!

20. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

we just brought in some more and ended up with a couple extra if anyone is interested... just let me know