1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

devils night coming up

Discussion in 'Harner Knives' started by butch, Oct 12, 2015.

1. butch

butch Founding Member

so looks liek wife and i cant get annie okley and wild bill outfits fast. and the kids thing a zombie fam woul be fun
    going to have to make some props
    zombie butcher here i come
    52100 aged lambsplitter on one hip and 14 inch camp knife on the other. im goig to try and kind of do a step by step on the lamb splitter

2. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

What a great idea! ALthough you might want to wait until after Halloween to sharpen it.

Pictures!

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

4. butch

butch Founding Member

for sure but that will not stop me for polishing the bevel to make it even more frightening

5. butch

butch Founding Member

Sawed out ready to grind to shape
    NCM_1453.JPG

6. haha big fan of this

7. Love this butch!! I've been considering making a fantasy inspired (but still period correct) set of boiled leather armor, and doing up a pair of differentially hardened short swords for Halloween. I just never get around to it during the year, and by the time I think about it it's too close to Halloween to pull it off, lol.

One year though!!

8. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Bwah hah hah hah hah!

Who's going to volunteer to post bail when Butch gets picked up for scaring people to death?

9. butch

butch Founding Member

now debating id i want to put a hole in the blade or make a loop on the back of the handle to hang it off of my leather apron....

10. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

If you hang it from the handle, will the blade bang on your leg when you walk?

11. butch

butch Founding Member

will not be sharp for the show

12. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Guess it's the perspective of a short person. If I carried a beast like that tied to an apron, it would knock me in the shins. Even unsharpened, Ow!

13. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

I got $50 on it.....

14. butch

butch Founding Member

shoudl not be too bad as im 6'
    didnt have time to HT before i need to have it "done" couldnt be sharp anyhow so this will be just fine
    added a steaking knife also so i l have one hanging from both sides of my apron
    BTW what are the thougts on the hole in the blade shoudl i put it in or skip it ?
    12122884_10204785617510906_8052048281144397615_n.jpg

15. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

1 vote for 'skip it' here

16. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Yeah, I vote nay as well.

17. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

It looks sufficiently terrifying without a hole. You'll have to post pictures of the entire zombie family.

18. butch

butch Founding Member

i think i am slowly turning into a zombie butcherer not a zombie butcher so we will see

19. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Can't wait for the pics Butch!

20. butch

butch Founding Member

didnt win any contests but i didnt poke anyone ether next week they will get heat treatted