1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Damascus boning knife

Discussion in 'Tansu Knives' started by chefcomesback, May 4, 2016.

1. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

It is forged from a low layer count end piece of a Damascus billet , I am starting to like this profile and finalising the shape . It has a bit curvature and a tip similar to tanto , got couple more in works . This one is tad under 18cm , 2.15mm at the spine , 26mm tall at the heel and weighs only 87 grams . Has mid flex and around 61 hrc . Handle is semi octagonal stabilised red mallee burl and hammer textured stainless bolster , let me know what do you think
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

:BF !!!DUDE!!! :jump So frickin cool. I bet the performance is equal to the beauty! :cool1

4. Looks like a mini sword to slay that protein

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Single Bevel?

6. Great looking knife Mert, love the tip profile.

7. chefcomesback

Thanks for the compliments , the idea of a different type boning knife came from a good customer and mine and I believe I am at final stages of tweaking the design . These are symmetrical ground . Next batch for the Sydney show is in works too
    [​IMG]

8. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

SIMPLY WOW!!! :cool1 :jump :pop

9. chefcomesback

Thanks brother

10. chefcomesback

SOLD

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  11. Mrmnms