1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Knife Handle by Anton Giveaway

Discussion in 'Giveaways/Pay It Forward/Win a Knife' started by sharksfan7, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

Looks great Anton! I am gonna be sending my knife off to Stefan soon and I will report back with a picture when I get it home! I am very excited.

2. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Ok, sorry that it took me a while, but here are the two giveaway handles:

D-shaped two-tone amboyna burl & horn

image.jpg

Arizona desert ironwood burl, bakelite spacer, horn ferrule

image.jpg

Hope they will work for you guys. Let's coordinate the shipping, although I may not get them out before the weekend.

Thanks everyone,

Stefan

3. Awesome from the capital A, Stefan!

4. That iron wood looks a lot like the one you made years ago :) gorgeous :)

5. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Thanks guys! I am always wondering with ironwood, especially the burl: I like it when it still has a little bit of its rustic appearance, so I don't sand it quite as high as others and also don't aim for a high gloss finish, just a few layers for added protection. Others may have different preferences,

Stefan

6. These handles are truly awe inspiringly beautiful guys...and super generous of you guys to do this!!

7. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

Very nice work Stefan!

8. I love the texture you get when you really look into it. Feels great as well :)