1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Current 'Stock' Knives for Sale

Discussion in 'CJA Edged Art / Scorpion Forge' started by CrisAnderson27, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Heya guys and gals. So...I thought I'd start a post to put the knives I have 'on hand' out for display. Sometimes during the course of filling custom orders, knives get hardened successfully that don't meet the customer's expectations for the hamon, or possibly even the profile. They are invariably still aesthetically beautiful (as well as functional or they'd be scrapped), but just aren't what the customer was looking for. Since thermal cycling and hardening are some of the most time and labor consuming aspects of this craft (not to mention risky!!), it doesn't make sense for me to reharden these blades, and so they get finished and sold as 'stock' or 'shelf' knives. Sometimes there isn't even a practical reason like that however...and I just want to make something specific lol.

These two circumstances present a unique opportunity for people who might not want to commit to an actual custom order, but are interested in acquiring one of my knives. The problem is I'm finding it difficult to get any exposure on them really, as I'm so busy making things I don't have much time to market. Hopefully this thread can help to make up for that a bit.

All of these knives can be had with any handle configuration (meaning materials or shape...with the associated extra charges for expensive materials or labor intensive shapes) up to the point where I choose a handle setup for it myself...which I generally don't do until quite late in the game. Again, this gives a potential customer a unique opportunity to pick up a 'custom' knife...built to their aesthetic tastes...without the wait associated with a custom order.

Soooo!! If you're interested in picking up a piece from me, or know anyone who might be...please feel free to subscribe and share! Many of these knives will hit my 'What's On My Bench Today' thread before making it here, but this will be the place for me to post them once they're officially for sale.

Thanks for looking ladies and gentlemen!

2. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

subscribed... and great Idea. I would think these blades will not hang around here to long

3. Thanks James! And yeah...sometimes some pretty cool stuff rolls through my 'stock' knives. @WarrenB's gyuto is just one example.

To kick this off, I'll start with the little buckeye, blackwood, and maple burl 75mm paring knife I did a few weeks ago. The handle isn't permanently affixed yet, so if a potential customer likes it can be switched. For KKFa members I will do $350 plus shipping with the current handle, or my standard $400 if you would like another handle made.

20150205_192755_1.jpg

Also up for sale I currently have these two blades:

A 150mm petty and a 210 gyuto set (40mm and 50mm on the heel). I'd like to keep them together and will happily finish them off with matched handles for $1200. If they are sold separately pricing will be $535 and $735 respectively.

And finally we have a 270mm gyuto-hiki. This one is VERY random on the hamon...and I've received a few messages from people telling me its their favorite so far. The blade is right around 50mm on the heel, but tapers quickly to the point. The edge is 80% or so flat...with only a slight upsweep to the very low tip. Price is $945.

https://instagram.com/p/1sJJfvGOrB

Oh, turn your speakers down before playing that link lol...it's a bit loud!

Thanks again for looking guys, and thanks as well for the opportunity to share my work with you all!

4. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

I swear to God, I WILL own a Scorpion Forge blade, some day!!! :) :( :cool: :mad: :cool1

5. James

man The CAD to USD at the moment is killing me right now... I much preferred when we were at par

6. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

I held this knife and it even put a smile on my face. After I picked my jaw up off the floor and wiped the drool off it of course.

I was truly impressed

7. Thanks you two!!

You and me both! A number of my Canadian friends are waiting for the dollar to balance a bit more before ordering a knife, lol. I can totally respect why though. Unless you're Kylie Jenner, money's a bit tough to come by these days.

8. James

that 1200 set becomes 1500 right now... plus any paypal fees and import fees... its no small matter when your 20cents plus on the dollar

9. Absolutely. What's funny is it only works a bit in our favor on the return for some reason lol. We can buy things more cheaply from Canada most of the time, but not at the same rate of exchange.

10. James

yeah, when we go on par the banks screw you both ways lol

11. larrybard

larrybard Founding Member

Wow, Warren (and Cris) -- what a gorgeous knife in all respects. And I'm sure its performance is equally stellar.

12. Thank you for the kind words Larry!!

13. The 210 gyuto and 150 petty/utility are sold :D.

14. The paring knife is also sold.

I do have a handle for sale as well, along with two 270mm gyuto-hiki.

As you know, it wasn't in fact on the petty lol, it was on the parer above. I never felt that the picture did it justice though...so this time I took a video!! As the video states, $100 shipped in the US, or $140 installed on your knife.

The first one I discuss in the video (bottom knife in the lineup) is sold. The two hitatsura are still available, $945 for either knife with a standard wa handle (this can include some pretty elaborate spacer arrangements, so don't think of 'standard' as 'sub par'), or $1026 with a leather saya. The new handle styles vary in pricing depending on the materials chosen, as well as the style of the handle. Half oval wa, oval wa, and the octagonal flared butt (like the passaround) are $50, while the dual taper, oval, or half oval on the flared butt handle is $75.

Thanks for looking!!

15. Handle is sold, currently still have the two 270mm gyuto-hiki slots available!

16. By the way guys, if you didn't make the connection, this knife:

20150522_160901.jpg 20150522_160915.jpg

Was the bottom gyuto-hiki from the video. The quickest way to get one of my knives it to pick up one of the stock blades I post here.

Also, those 270's can pretty easily be brought down to the 240mm range if someone is interested in a shorter knife. If you'd like to know more just get ahold of me!

Thanks!

17. Alright guys!

The bottom two 270mm hitatsura gyuto-hiki are still available, $945 ($3.50/mm) for either knife with a standard wa handle (this can include some pretty elaborate spacer arrangements, so don't think of 'standard' as 'sub par'), or $1026 ($3.80) with a leather saya. The new handle styles vary in pricing depending on the materials chosen, as well as the style of the handle. Half oval wa, full oval wa, and the octagonal flared butt (like the passaround) are $50, while the dual taper, oval, or half oval on the flared butt handle is $75.

I also hardened a 175mm x 50mm ko-gyuto or petty (your choice lol) today. The customer wants a longer line along the spine, and I have no other customers waiting in line for a petty or 175 ko-gyuto, so this one is going up for sale here.

20150603_195935.jpg 20150603_195928.jpg

I traced the line of the hamon with a paint marker so you can see it more easily. This one is going to finish out VERY aggressive looking, but still clean and understated.

Pricing will be $612.50 ($3.50/mm) with a standard octagonal wa handle. A leather saya will add $.30/mm for a total of $665. The flared butt handle isn't an option for this small a knife unless it's a dual taper, or you don't mind a narrow/thin handle. Standard flared butt will add $50, while the dual taper flared butt would add $75.

Thanks for looking!!

18. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Love how giant the knife looks due to your feet being in the frame.

19. Lol, I never noticed that...but you're right :D.