1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Cool Video - Larch Wood Cutting Boards (Canada)

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by thedispossessed, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Hey All -
    Found this cool video detailing the manufacturing process of end grain boards at Larch Wood in Canada.
    Enjoy!

2. Burl Source

Burl Source Founding Member

I enjoyed the video. Thank You dispo.
    Looks like they do very good quality work and create beautiful boards.
    I also like that the lady explained about climatizing and maintaining the board.

3. Cool video. Always appreciate seeing the "how stuff is made" kind of videos.

Those boards are very pretty, however I'm not a big fan of how small the end-grain blocks are ( = more less-knife-friendly glue) and the lack of staggering that helps inhibit warping.

4. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

In person, they are pretty exquisite looking boards. Really cool, buttery smooth and beautiful grain. I'm still not sure that Tamarack (I believe that's what they use) is a hard enough wood for a board, but I'm sure they've done their research. I'd love to have one, personally. :)

5. Lefty, Shop.ca has them, and there's a shop.ca coupon code for $50 off when you spend more than $125 for the month of August.

6. Catrentshaving

Catrentshaving Founding Member

I bought one of these boards about a year ago and absolutely love it. Beautiful to look at and performs just as it should.