1. Welcome to the KKF! Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp. Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Knives

Discussion in 'Se Ecglast' started by Taylor, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

2. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Newest knife already in its new home. This is a custom for a client. Blade length is 145mm, handle length is 86mm, overall length is 181mm. and the blade is 70mm tall at the heel. Weighing in at 145g, this little chopper is made out of AEB-L hardened to ~64hrc. Handle is made out of nickel silver, oak burl, and bocote. Custom box made for this knife, as it's meant to travel. Box was made by my father-in-law out of walnut. I did a burned in drawing of the original artwork that was handed to me, and put a little finish over everything. Hope you enjoy looking as much as I did making!

BrockKnife01.jpg
    BrockKnife02.jpg
    BrockKnife03.jpg
    BrockKnife04.jpg
    BrockKnife05.jpg

BrockKnife06.jpg

BrockKnife07.jpg

BrockKnife08.jpg
    BrockKnife09.jpg
    BrockKnife10.jpg
    BrockKnife11.jpg
    BrockKnife12.jpg
    BrockKnife13.jpg
    BrockKnife14.jpg

3. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

4. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

He's going to be cooking with it. Though, more of a traveling knife that he can take camping, or over to friends' houses for dinner parties. I guess it's easier than packing around a 10" chef's knife. The profile lends itself to a chopping motion, and the grind is set up for a right hander.

5. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member