1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Classic Thermapen $59

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by MotoMike, Apr 18, 2017.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Therma Pen's on sale.

I get a couple emails a week from Thermo Works offering some deal or other. usually it is a minor savings.

This one is for the classic thermapen for $59 which is a cheap as I've seen a new one. They must be phasing them out in favor of the Mk 4's. I will admit that I would appreciate the features the Mk 4 has, but my classic is still a champ.

http://campaign.thermoworks.com/201...tm_campaign=Apr2017-Classic-Thermapen-Sale-cs

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

3. MattS

MattS Founding Member

I ended up getting one. Thanks Mike

4. butch

butch Founding Member

love mine but for sure water proof and easer batt replacement makes the Mr4 look sooo good

5. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

right Butch. I love my classic, but the mk4 auto off that wakes up when you pick it back up, back lit, auto orienting display and trip A bats are also plusses in my book.

6. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Glad you got one Matt. I got my classic as an open box special about 4 or 5 years ago and I think that was $53 then.

7. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

My pleasure Jim

8. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I have both (got to have redundancy on critical equipment!)--another vote for the MK4. I always grap for it first. The only thing I don't like about it is the way it rotates the display depending on the position of the device. REALLY annoying when you're poking a roast and the thing swaps on you mid-poke. The "turn back on" is really sensitive and turns itself on more than necessary, but I'd rather have it than not

I really like the "Dot", too, when cooking a big roast or whole bird to a desired temperature.