1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Chinese Shooziz Folding Cleaver

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by roaduck, Jul 31, 2023.

1. My Chinese Shooziz Han-318 folding cleaver came today and I think it`s a big beauty.
    It`s a pocket knife but you can use it as a field kitchen cleaver/mini hatchet/mini axe because it is quite robust.
    The blade is made from reasonably tough 8Cr13Mov which is a claimed 58 HRC rockwell hardness.
    It only has a 4 inch blade but it is 6 mm or almost 1/4 quarter inch thick and weighs over 13 1/4 ounces or 376 grams.
    It came with a beautiful nylon zipped case and cleaning cloth.It was ground at >60 degrees reasonably sharp but not shaving sharp.
    I think it was a bargain at £44 Great British pounds or about $56 American dollars approx and I normally don`t carry knives outside but it`ll be fine for my EDC - I wanted a man`s knife but pocket-sized and folding.
    I am not trying it in the garden just yet because it`s new.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I`ve had my eyes on this mini beast for a while - there is nothing like it at anywhere near the price from the U.S., Europe or Japan ; unless I spent four figures and waited months for a bespoke knife.

2. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

That looks pretty neat!

3. Thanks pal - I like chunky overbuilt stuff.
    I`m not a wimpy type B guy but I`m not a cocky, bossy, macho posing narcissist misogynist either - I think I`m just normal.I`ve never been a sheep either - just assertive.
    At college and uni I was a skinny 140 lb guy but I played rugby league ( like Australian rules football - but harder ) and I had to pick up and throw 300 lb+ guys just to survive on the pitch - no pads whatsoever - just gum-shields.They were fun days Wagner.