1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Catch of the day

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by WarrenB, Jul 27, 2014.

1. That place looks almost magical :)

2. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

thanks Robin. It is sometimes. I am still a bit hesitant to take my good camera out there, so you end up with cell phone pics.

3. Just noticed your post, Mike. Great seeing fish of all species and sizes.
    I do catch tiny things as well that make your catch look like a monster, it's not all big carp:D

Just bought a new barrow to lug all the gear to the lake for a our next 36 hour trip.
    I bet it looks odd as a bit of fishing gear to most of you guys!!
    barrow.jpg

4. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

5. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

6. Another fishing aquisition, this one might raise a few eyebrows with the guys on the other side of the pond I am sure:D

A Bait Boat!
    viper.JPG

For those of you unfamiliar with these, you basically load the hopper at the back with up to a kilo of bait and motor it out to your chosen spot, then flick a switch on the handset and the bait drops out the bottom, you can also put your baited hook in there as well from underneath so it falls out with the bait.
    viper2.JPG

Only really needed when fishing at distance or hard to cast to spots. Great for getting a big bed of bait out to keep the carp feeding where you are(hopefully!!)

7. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Now that's just cheating! ;)

8. For years I thought exactly that until I tried one out:D When I tested it I did feel a little silly maneuvering it about with the other anglers on the lake watching me, probably all muttering that it's cheating or something with slightly more colourful language!!

9. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

At least it gives you something to play with when the fish aren't biting. Confess, you were driving it all over the place!

10. Weeelllll I might have been zinging it about in my little corner of the lake:D You have to be careful not to stray into enemy waters though, not good fishing etiquette!

11. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I can see people defending their spot with paintball guns. Could turn into a fracas in a hurry.

12. I have actually seen a full on scrap over one of these going into someones 'bit of water'!! they ended up rolling on the floor trying to punch each other, prime time boxing it was not:D

13. The Union Jack on your bait boat makes it!

14. Got to be patriotic right? As long as it doesn't turn into a Battle of Waterloo situation if another one sporting a French flag sees me:D

15. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I think a Jolly Roger is in order.

16. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

17. I am off on a 36 hour fishing trip on the 27th, hopefully the boat will help put a few more fish in the net. I will try and do a little video of me battling a monster carp(if I catch anything that is!!)

18. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

19. Off on our 2 day fishing trip tomorrow, can't wait to get over there!!
    I managed to break a toe yesterday! How did I do it?... well I jumped in to stop an old lady getting mugged by 3 huge guys..... ok I banged it on the kitchen door!

Still going fishing though:D