1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Catch of the day

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by WarrenB, Jul 27, 2014.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Took the grandson, Zander, over to the Mississippi for him to try out his new fishing pole.

Result! catch.jpg

2. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Took my son out on the last day we had on Haida Gwaii. He got two for the day! He then learnt that you catch it you clean it.
    IMGP5271.jpg IMGP5272.jpg IMGP5278.jpg IMGP5286.jpg

3. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Great size fish! Good eating I'm sure. Catching, cleaning, cooking, eating....Just makes the fish taste so much better when you do it all.

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Looks great Jeffery. What are they? and How did you prepare them?

5. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Thanks Mike, Those are a couple of Coho a type of pacific salmon. We haven't cooked any just yet, they were filleted vac sealed and frozen to bring home. You will probably see some salmon in the whats cooking thread from me over the next while as I brought home around 90 lbs from our fishing trips over the 10 days we were home visiting.

6. Toothpick

7. Toothpick

8. Toothpick

So they are good fighters?
    I've caught a few 3 or 4 pound carps in a river once but I don't remember them putting up a big fight.

I remember I caught a Buffalo (Ictiobus) once, not very big maybe 5 lbs but it felt like it was dead reeling it in. Almost like the fish didn't know it was hooked.

9. Toothpick

10. Nice catches warren! A couple of weeks ago my soon two year old daughter wanted to fish, so we did. She actually caught a tiny perch, so I cooked it for her. She loved it :) DSC_0154.JPG DSC_0155.JPG

11. You need windows with the weather over here:D

It's great to catch a fish of any size:) even if I don't catch anything I just enjoy the scenery and being out of the city for a while:cool1

12. oh too late to edit. Soon two years.

13. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Out this morning before the heat of the day was upon me. The Plum River a local tributary to the Mississippi. was nice out. I'm no Warren, but had to keep the thread maintained while he is on holiday.

canoe2.jpg canoe1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2015