1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Catch of the day

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by WarrenB, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

2. Well the lake doesn't really have carp much smaller than that, so it's not really great fishing skill:D
    Getting one over 20lb takes a bit more skill unless you get lucky, getting one over 30lb is quite possible there but less likely as there are only 5 carp over 30lb in there.
    Fingers crossed for our next trip on the 1st and 2nd July:like

3. Toothpick

4. Thanks:cool1
    We have brought the trip forward a week, so we are now going next Thursday and Friday, hoping to get something bigger this trip:D

5. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Best of luck Warren.

6. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Caught this little fella in a pond on my dad's farm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Toothpick

8. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Your the man! A large mouth that was 4.8lbs!

9. Toothpick

Great size to catch. A long time ago a 5lber got off my hook right in the shallows by shore. I stepped in the water and scooped it up with my hand and tossed it on the bank.
    I landed it! Then tossed it back

10. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Landed is landed, mercy is mercy! Catch and release dude. :D

11. Toothpick

I've only done the catch and release. I just don't have the desire to clean and cook a fish. Perhaps if I were camping. I'm just out for the day and I'm not catching dinner. Just having fun!

12. Had a few carp over 2 days last week, it was a bit quiet during the day but the fish started biting well at night.
    Had one about 11pm then my friend had one shortly after, then I had 4 carp between 1.30-3am, got off to sleep about 4am, then this one weighing about 15lb turned up about 6am
    6am.jpg
    Really tired by then as you can tell by the puffy eyes and wonky cap:D

13. Haha! Looking pretty rough there mate!!!
    Get some sleep!

14. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

That is some dedication right there Warren!

15. Toothpick

Yeah no kidding! I'd be like "Jason there's a fish on the line!" "Well I hope it's still there in the morning"

16. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Had a great day fishing with my brother today! Unfortunately for me his salmon was 3 lbs bigger than mine at 28 lbs and mine was 25 lbs IMGP4898.jpg .

17. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Jeffery, that is awsome. what did you and your brother do with more than 50 pounds of salmon? (where is that drooling smiley?)

18. Boris

Boris Founding Member

Forgot to post this here, but this was over July 4th. 4 yellowtail and 1 bluefin tuna
    july4.jpg