1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Camping knife

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Fabio Fullin, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Hey there. Seems like it's getting quite usual to me going camping lately, so a friend of mine, who's also a botanist, got interested in camping knives in order to accomplish any of his tasks (which can either be cutting mushrooms and plants or chopping down little trees). So he is looking for a nice sharp and thick knife. Also not too expensive, which means (I guess) not over 50 euros/dollars. I'm not the best at camping knives as I'm mainly a kitchen knife user. Do you know any good and reliable camping knife? I'm asking you guys cause I know you have much more experience than me ;)

Any help is really appreciated! Thanks
    -Fabio

2. Mora?

3. I second trying a mora, they're cheap, very sharp ootb and cuts pretty well. Cheap enough to not feel bad about abusing them also, if you're so inclined ;)

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member