1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Brock Cutlery 24 cm 52100 wa-gyuto passaround

Discussion in 'Passarounds & Loaners' started by Rick, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

I picked up Mark’s gyuto a couple of weeks ago. I am impressed with the knife and would like to share his work with the forum by doing a passaround.

Here’s a link to the sale thread: https://www.kitchenknifefora.com/threads/240-mm-gyuto-in-52100.3782/#post-54001

The usual rules apply - keep it a week, sharpen it only if you know what you’re doing, insure it when shipping to the next person on the list. Post in this thread when you get the knife and when you send it to the next person. Mark would appreciate any comments or criticism, and you may either post about your experience in this thread or send it privately to Mark via PM.

Preference will be given to Site Contributors. You should have a minimum of 50 posts or be known to me.

PM me or reply in this thread if you're interested.

Rick

2. MattS

MattS Founding Member

His last couple of gyutos have really peaked my interest. Would like a chance to try one out.

3. Rick

4. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

I'd be interested as well Rick. Thanks.

5. Thank you Rick. I am looking forward to the comments and suggestions for improvement!

6. Rick

7. Rick

8. I will report when it arrives.

9. Knife just arrived, had a couple of rust spots and the slightest bend in the very tip (can't photograph it, too tiny).

Knife looks pretty sweet, will make it work a bit tonight but probably will have its first real workout tomorrow.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  10. Sorry to hear that. Rick, if I can fix this up after all the travels I'm happy to do it at no cost.

11. The damage is really minimal but I just wanted to make sure it was known.

12. It's on its way to MattS.

13. Rick

14. Hey Matt, any comments on the knife other than what you posted previously?
    I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    Thanks!

15. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Yes, I will write up a full review in a few days. She is coming to the ECG with me so everyone can oogle and play. Will try to pass off to Mike then if he is there. If not I will mail it early next week.

16. That is cool Matt. Can't wait to hear how the ECG goes. One day I will have to make it out.

17. Nuts63

Nuts63 Founding Member

How about some feedback on the pass around anyone that has had a chance to use it

18. Rick

Feedback will be made public after the pass around ends so that it won't introduce any bias for those yet to try the knife.

Thanks for your interest.

Rick

19. Rick

Just a quick update - it is now with the last participant.

20. Rick

The pass around has ended and the participants are invited to leave their impressions and opinions on this thread. Thanks to all who took part in it and provided feedback to Mark. I hope it was an enjoyable experience for all.