1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Breakfast - What's in Your Gullet?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Lefty, Feb 21, 2014.

1. larrybard

larrybard Founding Member

See -- just as I was saying. It's like a secret known only to pro chefs -- how to remove buttermilk.

2. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

ohh boy!

3. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I was forced to grab some sausage at the grocery yesterday and made some sausage gravy to go over leftover biscuits this morning. Now I need to waddle out and mow the yard to try and work them off.

It was worth it.

4. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Daughters first day home. Corn fritter with some homemade ricotta drizzled with maple syrup. image.jpg

5. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

6. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

7. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

It may cut into the biscuit rotation if you do. Dare I mention corn cakes?

8. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

who says I can't do biscuits AND corn fritters? Now that sounds like a party

I'm feeling like corn is missing from my breakfasts now

9. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Love corn fritters! The ones I'm used to are kind of like slightly sweetened hush puppies dusted with powdered sugar.

Been fueling up in the morning lately. First some fried green tomatoes with an egg scrambled up in the drippings to get all the cruchy bits. Not colorful, but tasty:

breakfastc.jpg

Some pork & apple sausage on a toasted leftover biscuit with some strawberry/wild blackberry freezer jam:

breakfastb.jpg

Then plain old B&E, with a piece of blueberry/walnut/banananana bread:

breakfasta.jpg

10. Mrmnms

Lucritia , you're killing me. Breakfast is my favorite meal. Yours look hall of fame. We're making freezer jam Friday.

11. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Yum--Freezer jam! I'm working on putting on plenty of fat for the winter.

12. apathetic

apathetic Founding Member

Had some friends for breakfast on sunday so I made this:

waffle.jpg

Served with vanilla chantilly, dark chocolate sauce and strawberries. No pictures unfortunately as everything was eaten while I was still cooking the waffles :)

13. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Cheese toast with oven roasted tomatoes on honey-multigrain bread, along with a strong cuppa tea.

CheeseToast.jpg

14. turbo

turbo Founding Member

When I'm at work I eat pop tarts. Is that bad

15. Brianw

Brianw The Dark Net Mastermind Founding Member

Following last nights pulled pork.. this is what was at our house this morning.

Eggs, bacon, onions, cheese, fresh tomatoes, and fresh guac......yum

IMG-20141009-00003.jpg

16. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Now those look like some good breakfast burritos!

17. Ok so it's more brunch and it's half eaten but it was tasty, smoked mackerel, nice runny egg and toast( there were 2 eggs and toast a few minutes ago:D)
    fish.jpg

18. Mrmnms

Smoked fish , eggs, two of my favorites. Looks great.

19. larrybard

larrybard Founding Member

I suspect that fish with breakfast/brunch is not nearly as common in the U.S. as elsewhere. More cultural here (if that's the right way to characterize it), e.g. bagels and "lox" (nova), smoked sturgeon, etc., in some quarters.