1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Breakfast - What's in Your Gullet?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Lefty, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

2. Toothpick

3. larrybard

larrybard Founding Member

But the yolks don't look runny!

4. Toothpick

Are they supposed to be? Eggs Benedict? I’ve never had it but I’m not opposed. I like eggs in all forms. Best part about this...the eggs were laid this week/

5. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Been on a baked egg binge lately.

"Benedict"

Benedict.jpg

I've been craving this--the places we've had breakfast out make LOUSY hollandaise. Granted this was made in the microwave instead of a double boiler, but it was dandy.

Next--Baked Egg with cheese & chives, bacon, homemade bread with blueberry/apricot/ginger freezer jam:

BakedEgg.jpg

The eggs scrambled and baked--turned out kinda souffle-ish. (with more of that loaf of bread and some strawberry freezer jam)

BakedEgg2.jpg

6. Toothpick

7. 0A04D4F5-A267-4537-B56C-970E4A94975A.jpeg

8. Toothpick

9. Toothpick

10. Toothpick

11. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

12. Toothpick

13. Toothpick

I know we like pics but darned if I wasn’t so hungry I forgot about photos. 4 pancakes this morning. Pancake mix, some vanaila, and whipped egg whites. Makes the cheap pancake mix taste a lot better. I devoured 2 before I remembered the fresh fruit I have. Ended up putting a sliced banana over the last 2. Frozen blueberries will have to wait until next time. If they don’t turn in to jelly before then.

I’m so full I have a headache.

14. On the nose! The other components are pretty standard, so I added a chorizo/mushroom/olive/kabocha thing to make it interesting.

15. Toothpick

Yuck!! Haha. Raw tomato and avocado are the worst. I can do guacamole and salsa and spaghetti sauce. And a variety of every other tomato and avocado dish. But served alone, simply cut up fresh...no way.

I could probably eat that though as I’m disguising the taste with the rest of the dish.

16. Toothpick

17. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

Simple breakfast for me, too. Eggs, smoked pork jowl bacon, fried potatoes.

IMG_1259.jpg

18. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

19. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member