1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Breakfast - What's in Your Gullet?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Lefty, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Had some really chilly mornings, and wanted some biscuits to put on a little blubber to keep warm. Since biscuits are basically death bombs of fat and carbohydrates and I had a bag of corn bran on the counter, I threw some bran in to make things a little healthier. The biscuits looked like they were coloring up really fast in the oven. What was really happening was they were turning orange. (Which was odd, since the corn bran started out beige.) And they tasted a lot like cornbread with a nice soft biscuit texture. Pretty dandy with some ham and some maple syrup aged in whisky barrels, tho.

CornBiscuit.jpg

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. Toothpick

4. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

The chives are blooming, so time for one of my favorite breakfasts--smoked salmon with cream cheese and chive blossoms. But they will give you the worst breath in the world.

SalmonCrackers.jpg

5. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

6. [​IMG]

loaded beagle sandwich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Jim

8. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Those beagles can be a bit gamey. I prefer rat onna stick.

Mouse.jpg

9. Jim

10. LOL! beagle... sure don't want that for breakfast but your skewer looks tasty Lucretia.

11. larrybard

larrybard Founding Member

Almost sufficient to convert me to a vegetarian. (But not quite.) I'll pass on this offering, though.

12. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Been on a biscuit binge lately. First with sausage gravy and eggs:

Bisc&gravy.jpg

Then leftover with the remains of the sausage gravy and some mixed berry freezer jam:

Bisc&gravy2.jpg

13. Jim

14. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Got this coffee cake recipe from King Arthur Flour. It's kind of similar to Italian cheesecake in flavor/texture. We've been having some amazing blueberries lately, and this is really good and easy and is going to be a regular breakfast at our house (reading thru the recipe, it seemed to scream for lemon, so it's had a little zest or lemon oil added to it each time.)

BlueberryCake.jpg

15. Jim

Looks great!
    Blueberry loves a little lemon zest.
    Can you send me a slice Lucretia?

16. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Lucretia, when you finish your cookbook, please count me in for several copies!

17. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Got a present for myself--a mini-donut baking pan. First try wasn't bad, although next batch needs more nutmeg.

Donuts.jpg

18. Toothpick

19. eightysixCJ

eightysixCJ Founding Member

Bob's Redmill 10-Grain Pancakes and home-ground pork/maple links.

IMG_0715.JPG

Tom

20. Jim