1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Breakfast - What's in Your Gullet?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Lefty, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

2. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Great. It's almost time for bed and now I'm craving pancakes.

3. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Just a simple breakfast, man that DeBuyer cooks eggs amazingly well, first time with the hash, didnt come out great, dont think they were dry enough, but ill have to try again some time.
    IMG_20150913_113425.jpg

4. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Late to post but the lady of the house cooked me a great waffle this morning.[​IMG]

5. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

just some simple breakfast wraps with eggs salsa cheese and bacon... wraps pressed on a foreman grill type thing

6. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Got my pancake fix this morning, but the pictures didn't come out well. Almond buckwheat spice pancakes with marionberry syrup. They were mighty fine.

7. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Chilly enough for a little fire this morning, and had some buttermilk in the fridge, so time for a cuppa and biscuits. Blackberry honey on the left, buckwheat honey on the right:

BiscuitWOat.jpg

8. Toothpick

9. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

These weren't the best ever. I tried adding some oat fiber to make them more than carb and fat bombs, and they were a little gritty. Tasted good, though.

10. Toothpick

11. I've been looking at this thread some and so today was time to try american pancakes for breakfast. Very weird, super good.

In sweden we usually make crepe like pancakes and eat for desert after "peasoup", traditionally every thursday :p

I had butter, sugar and cinnammon on them.
    DSC_0640.JPG

12. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Those look great, Robin!

With Buttermilk Supply joining the forum, I've had biscuits on the brain, so made some for breakfast while hubby scrambled some eggs to go with them. These were a lot better than the last batch--no gritty oat fiber.

Bisc&Egg.jpg

13. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Apple pancakes image.jpeg

14. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Good looking pancakes! Is that some sort of cheese on top?

15. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Thought I was making home made sour cream and buttermilk. Better pay attention next time. Folded in some whip cream. Wasn't terrible.

16. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Cold out this morning, so made up some hot chocolate with cinnamon and cayenne in it. Had it with banananananas and peanut butter.

17. Toothpick

18. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Mmmmm--might need some grits for breakfast tomorrow!

19. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Ran out of bread and haven't had a chance to bake for a few weeks. Finally got some bread made yesterday. Couldn't find my brand new bag of buckwheat flour, so used spelt instead. It was pretty good with butter melted on it and a scrambled egg this morning.

FreshBread.jpg

20. I rarely do anything elaborate for breakfast, especially since I'm usually only half conscious on mornings when I have to work. But I'm off today, with a full fridge and a little time on my hands.

Browned a pound of sage-flavored hot pork sausage, then sautéed a couple sliced up Honeycrisp apples in the grease along with some butter:

image.jpg

(The skillet is a c.1880s Griswold, a garage sale find that is my pride and joy. It's like black glass.)

Added back the sausage, topped it with cornbread mix and slung it in a hot oven for about 45 minutes:

image.jpg

Cornbread came out a bit dry but some more butter and a drizzle of maple syrup took care of that:

image.jpg