1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Bird beak paring knife

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by MotoMike, Feb 23, 2015.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I like the look of those L'Econome. I would probably resharpen them though, seems like they'd last a while. Seems like it is hard to find them with 3 inch or shorter blades. some advertise 5 inch paring knives. Is it a paring knife when it is 5 inches long?

2. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Neal
    Looked into the L'Econome parers. I like the looks and they seem highly rated. I have a couple on the way.

5. While in Paris I went to E.Dehillerin shop almost exclusively for the purpose of seeing Sabatier knives in person. There were a lot of them sitting in the big boxes with prices starting from 15 or 20€ per knife. I didn't buy any. The fit and finish were so poor that I decided I'd better buy a cup of tea rather than such poorly made knife. There are several different Sabatier brands and I guess E.Dehillerin just doesn't bother to choose the best ones. The knives that Lefty linked looks much better than those that I've seen.

We have Victorinox Birds Beak knife that was bought on amazon for less than 10$. Probably my best-spent 10$. A beater and one of my wife all times favorite (even despite all other high-end knives that we have). I hate to sharpen it though. So maybe I should just get the new one instead of sharpening old.

6. Excellent - I really hope they work for you.

Sorry I didn't reply to your previous message regarding length of blade. The ones I have (sourced locally) vary in length from a little over 3" to about 3 3/4". Five inches sounds long - I hope you found some shorter ones.