1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

BIG KNIFE...14" brisket knife/short sword in CPM 154CM

Discussion in 'Houston Edge Works' started by Pennman88, Feb 23, 2017.

1. 14" CPM 154CM brisket tanto with curly maple, carbon fiber bolsters, and G10 trim. I gave this a pronounced belly and birds beak for positive grip with greasy hands and the bolsters protect your hands from slipping forward. This is equally efficient at cutting fresh livers and brains in one long draw for a good photograph. (And, yes, that is a drill bit as the middle small pin on the bolster :confused:)

https://instagram.com/p/BQn8fq2Da3L/ IMG_4447.JPG IMG_4349.JPG IMG_4449.JPG

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

3. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

I've been loving your knife pix. You're saying that drill bit was by design, or a cool solution to a broken bit? Another winner in my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  4. The carbon fiber likes to grab bits. Those 1/16" bits get snapped off very easily. Future versions will have only 1/8" through the CF portion.