1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

B&B Sue Moore Auction Donation...'WIP'!

Discussion in 'CJA Edged Art / Scorpion Forge' started by CrisAnderson27, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Ok lol, not quite the last!

SotD 10-7-15 - Donation Razor 1c.jpg SotD 10-7-15 - Donation Razor 1a.jpg SotD 10-7-15 - Donation Razor 1b.jpg

The shave was quite nice, I have to admit. I had four days growth (burned my face so I decided to wait a few days to recuperate lol). Usually with longer hair the shave is tuggy and can be irritating, even with an exceptional razor. This was very smooth except for the normal difficulty around the chin and upper lip areas, which force angle changes and/or abrupt angles...making things more difficult.

Hopefully its eventual new owner likes it as much as I do!

2. well cris I'm glad you got it back. I don't really use straights much nor do I like my shave that close but seeing it sit at 260 made me feel like that might have to change.
    Either way I enjoyed you letting us into the process and if you keep making razors hopefully people will see what a deal they missed.

3. I actually didn't get the razor :). I posted the auction on my facebook with 20 minutes to go, and said it was at $270 and people should go bid if they wanted it, and a previous customer who had another razor from me said he wanted it but couldn't get registered on the site in time. So I asked if it would be ok for me to bid on it in his place, got the go ahead, and made the bid. He paid via paypal and I donated.

I'm glad people were interested in it, though I was a bit surprised at the low bids for the custom. The two Gold Dollars reached $200 and $199.99 respectively in comparison.

I think a lot of it was that there were SO many auctions this year! It's all good though...it all went to a great cause :D.

4. cris, i thought your razor was pretty sweet and i have thoughts/suspicions as to why my bid was the highest until you came along and bid me out.. there were a lot of auctions. i too was a bit surprised though, i thought for sure i would need to play in the 400-500s for an auction like this. thanks for donating your resources to such a great cause. hope to work with you soon enough.

5. Thanks man! I agree that the large number of auctions was definitely a factor. The Brown Razor Works donation (Brian's production division) still pulled $1k...which was awesome. I think your $270 bid was the highest that any other razor got aside from Brian's though. I almost bluesman's green smiley razor. That was a pretty piece, and his first razor if I recall. I think it should have went for more too. I think it got $199 as well.

6. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Even your razors have that little something going on Cris. I love it. Nice touch the relief to show your logo.

7. Thanks brother Mike!!

I thought the relief was kind of cool too, if I do say so myself :D.