1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Around the bench at Buttermilk Supply

Discussion in 'Buttermilk Supply' started by buttermilk, Oct 17, 2015.

1. This thread will be home to any custom work and projects around the shop.

Starting this thread with a custom leather knife that I finished today. O1 at ~63 HRC, right-handed, and wearing a new style of handle. The handle transitions from octagonal at the butt to oval towards the brass. The thought was to use an oval for comfort at the base of the palm and an octagon for control by the thumb and primary fingers. 39mm at the edge.

leatherknife2.jpg leatherknife.jpg

2. Interesting handle design I would say. I still prefer wa handles though and in a pinch grip one wouldn't really need a handle anyway but of course that's my personal opinion and for a normal knife. Cool project though!

3. Thanks! Actually, using these leather knives your hand is vertical and the blade is held perpendicular to the leather surface. Something like this...

4. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

5. Any new kitchen knives around the corner? :)