1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody start yet?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Mrmnms, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

I planned on getting things going yesterday. Life (work) got in the way. Gonna bake tonight, make some ice cream ( cinnamon apple), bone out 1 of the turkeys and roast some bones, and get up early tomorrow. Who has their game plan good to go? Happy Thanksgiving.

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Today starts for me too. Coffee and water all day. No food. Gotta prime my gullet for tomorrow. Make room in my belly!

3. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Don't starve yourself it actually causes your stomach to shrink a little meaning less food tomorrow....

4. Toothpick

ooo good tip. I should be doing the opposite. Stuffing myself with grapes

5. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Started dough for pizza on Sunday. First the starter:

Poolish.jpg

Then mixed up into dough, and resting in the refrigerator for a few days to let the flavor develop. We have a nephew here from college for Thanksgiving, so we're planning on quantities sufficient to feed a 20-something year old.

Poolish2.jpg

Sauce was made a few weeks ago and put up in the freezer, so now all I have to do is find it today and let it start thawing.

6. Broke down two turkeys so far, made stock with one. Put a third in brine this AM. So far have made turnip, cranberry relish, cranberry sauce, basting sauce for baked onions, filling for potatoes. Still have a lot of things to start, including 5 pies (least favorite part) and something creative for a beef tenderloin (we have non-turkey eaters :fp2). Getting a big storm here in Mass. Very pretty but might screw up some travelers.

7. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Pizza is gonna be killer Lucritia. I'm doing 3 birds too . Most of it is going to some homebound friends and neighbors. I admire your ambition Neil. Sure you will knock it out of the park. I hope your guest arrive safely. So far, just cold rain down here.

8. Toothpick

9. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

I get a reprieve until I get home from work tonight, but the wife is working on an orange-pumpkin pie, the stuffing mix and a couple other things today. There will only be three of us for t-giving (plus our 21-mo-old) so we don't need to make too much, although it will still be enough for 10 people. Also hosting my sister's family on Friday, so will be making a marinated flank steak, some pasta and a bread pudding with bourbon sauce (my BIL's favorite, and he always gets it because his birthday is right around T-giving).

10. Looking outside today.

IMG_7619.JPG

The state shut down most of our construction projects, so I'll get an early start!

Nice looking pies Jason!

11. Toothpick

Nice looking snow! We might get half an inch here....at which point the state will shut down as well :BF