1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Tea Drinkers Here

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by James, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

Too cool.

2. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

3. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Does tea go bad? I've had this in my cupboard for many months. Close to a year. Brewed a cup tonight. Tastes ok but smells strange.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

4. James

that kind of tea does have a freah amd not so fresh time when green lol, i Jeep ne in the fridge... was it open or sealed... and did ot uave sunlight on it ?

5. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

What is it with you guys and your fancy teas, fancy wines, fancy pens, fancy cigars. Am I the only redneck here that enjoys a good beer and a sharp knife? I must not be as edjumacated or somthin.:D

6. James

i just bought a new pen

7. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

I like Bic fine point myself.;) Sorry I don't mean to derail this thread!

8. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

then it was very likely not so fresh. It was opened, but has been sealed (it has a ziplock seal). no sunlight, just been hanging out in the cupboard.

9. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I have loose leaf tea most mornings (instead of coffee) but I'm uncouth and just nuke the water in a big pyrex measuring cup and then add the leaves in an over-the-cup sort of thing that gets fished out when the tea is ready. I've been mostly drinking black tea lately, but like oolong and green teas too.

Don't know about use by dates on tea, but I came across an unopened bag of coffee in the pantry the other day that was at least 7 years old. Tasted kinda funky, and ended up in the compost pile.

10. James

coulda made yourself a facial exfoliating rub with that lol

11. Jay

Thanks to the kindness and generosity of one of our members, I was able to experiment with high altitude brewing during my trip to Colorado with some pu'er- a 2008 Menghai 8582, one of my favorite blends. Thanks!

Received a lot of strange looks in the hotel dining rooms, I'll admit. And my teeny yixing pot made it home in one piece.

12. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

It sounds exotic!

13. Jay

I left my tea pick home, but I managed to misappropriate a butter knife from the kitchen. It did the job, but it won't be spreading butter any time soon.

Thanks!

14. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Did you forget the tea pick, or did it resemble a push dagger too much for TSA? ;) I remember one of you guys had a very handsome one made from a polished walnut. Joel perhaps?

15. James

wonder if i should bring mine next week... im sure tsa wont mind lol